CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Update...

Since Chris and Rob were still gone at around 10 last night, I began to wonder if this was a good sign that maybe one of them had gotten lucky and had a kill. They came walking through the back door at around 10:45, toting in a large cooler...a good sign, YES!

It was Chris who got lucky. Apparently, a lone cow elk walked to the exact spot where he had practiced shooting arrows from the tree stand earlier that morning. I am a huge fan of elk meat - I prefer elk to deer, but would gratefully eat either. Chris still has his deer tag to fill, but has the rest of the week off to do so. The main pressure is off - we've got a ton of meat ready to go to the butcher. I am so damn glad I won't have to buy store-bought hamburger!!!

4 comments:

Afton said...

Whoo hoo!!! Man, on the 1sts day out - that's just awesome!

Unknown said...

Well, I can get on board with Elk meat. I hate deer, but Elk is wondeful. It is less gamey, and so lean. Leaner than chicken! So I aprove, in case you were looking. hee hee
Does he have a atler deer permit? He can kill the freak in my back yard... hee hee If not, tell him not to kill Bambi's mother...

Ashley said...

That's great! Brett is seriously ready to go bow hunting.

Grant and Taryn Layton said...

Gross!