CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 25, 2008

July 24, 2008...HAPPY PIONEER DAY!

Yesterday was the 24th of July, which is Utah's famous Pioneer Day with celebrations throughout the state. As I am reflecting on pioneerism and my roots, the topic of polygamy came up in a discussion with Chris' sister Stef and her husband Brian, who actually has polygamatous roots (like my homemade Latinism?).

Which...reminds me of an old joke I heard on the Bob and Tom Show:

What is the definition of Polygamy???

Poly in Latin means MANY, and gamy...well, gamy means HEADACHE.

Yeah...pretty dang funny. A man must've thunk up that gem. :)

A long time ago, I saw a movie which depicted the exact opposite of standard polygamy. This movie played a girl who had multiple husbands, one of whom was Clint Eastwood (I swear it's true). Now, that's what I'M TALKIN' ABOUT!!

Of course, that would only work if the woman was a complete sexafreak and could balance multiple, fragile, male egos. Hmmm...sounds like a demanding job!

...Me thinks one headache is sufficient! :)

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Yep, that movie is called Paint Your Wagon. I've seen it too. You're not crazy.

Kais said...

Hilarious. Brenda, you are too great. I think one spouse (either way) is PLENTY. :)