CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

School's out!

June 4, 2008

School was let out last week, May 28. The kids are official bums now. I am going to do my best to keep them busy, busy, busy this summer!! So far, Lauren is still in bed this morning (it is 9:48) and I have "calmly and respectfully" asked her to get out of bed already TWICE. Looks like Drill Sargent Brenda needs to visit, hmmm?? A bunk party sounds to be the perfect maneuver here (dump mattress, pull sheets, empty drawers, etc.)

Trevor came up to me the other day and said "Mom, Gus is making love to the blanket!" I laughed to myself at the notion that he said "making love" (like he even has a clue what that means!). Trevor, seeing my "yeah right" look on my face then demonstrated exactly what Gus was doing to the blanket. He started swiveling his hips and said "This was what Gus was doing!" Holy crap! So...yeah. He WAS right (definitely not the imagery I want my kids seeing). My cat is fixed...apparently he is horny. I have asked Jamie, the animal guru, about this odd display and she said it was normal. Well, I hope it is a short phase as he was doing the same thing to Lauren's most favorite bathrobe today! I, not wanting to disturb him out of respect (I can't believe I said that!), said to Lauren, "Gus is pawing at your bathrobe, just so you know." She said "Ewwwee! Now I have to wash it again!" Apparently, this has happened before (Ick). So, I have to think of how I can use this as a teaching moment for the kids, as it is becoming the big joke of the family. I have my ideas. This is going to be a fun summer.

0 comments: