CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

OMGosh - I'm a blogger

Okay folks, here is the big test: Let's see if I can get this blog thing to actually work. I have to admit, I am terrified as I am not so savvy when it comes to this sort of thing.

So my sister, Afton, and my bro-in-law's wife, Kaisa, are huge bloggers. I have been in complete awe of their posts and never thought I could attempt such a feat, so I am just going to jump in head first...Here is a little bit about me: I am 32, very soon to be 33. I am married to Chris and we are celebrating our 12th anniversary at the end of this month! We have 4 children - Lauren is 13, Trevor is 10, Brandon is 7, and our caboose, Madison, is 6. We live in Santaquin, just down the road from where Chris and Steve originally grew up. Chris works at Neways as the production manager and I work at home for IHC. As soon as it is warm enough, we head to the mountains for hiking, mountain biking, BBQ'ing, and Chris' all time favorite - hunting. We recently made the purchase of a very old camper, so I am very excited to break that baby in and get her up in the mountains!

My favorite sport is volleyball. I have been fortunate enough to play with close family and friends on the women's league in Payson for the past 9 or 10 years Our original team consisted of: Vona Judd, Jennifer VanAusdal, Afton Lovell, Lori Lee, Merilee Judd, and Synthia Meredith - good times and good friends. These ladies are a mixture of family, plus wives of the guys I hung out with in high school. We really bonded and I felt like it was a crucial part of our circle of friends from high school staying close together. I finally took a break from volleyball 2 years ago after having knee surgery, but when Vona called me again this fall to see if I would play, I jumped at the opportunity, saying to myself "what the hell...you're only young once!"

I love my family dearly. They mean the world to me. My sister Afton moved to Logan when she got remarried last year. It has been so hard not having her and the kids 5 minutes away for a visit. The blog has been great to keep up with everything that they are doing...I just click and there I am...right along with them, having fun. Blogs are great. I don't know why I was so against them before?

So...here are my happy, sappy, closing words: Do what truly brings you happiness and live life to the fullest. Be adventurous, silly, laugh, and learn, with no regrets. I want to surround myself with you, my friends, and my family...the people who truly bring me happiness.

Love to all who read this...Brenda

3 comments:

Afton said...

AWESOME! Way to go Brenda! I love the way you write - you always make me laugh!!

Kate said...

I gotta figure out the slide show thing...My girls and I loved watching your photos.
Love and light to you
Kate

Dori Montoya said...

Hey Brenda, it's Dori. I just clicked on your name on Julie's blog. You blog is great! can't wait to see more!